As the first private travel agency in Hungary, Tensi was founded in 1983, and it celebrated its 30th birthday in 2013.
Since its foundation, Tensi has become one of the financially strongest, most recognized and the most dynamically developing agency of the Hungarian travel market. With its continuous innovations, and uniquely complex product packages Tensi presents an extensive variety of choices for individual, group, and corporate travellers.
Our company always provides high level, quality products and flexible, efficient services to its customers. In the last 30 years, Tensi has constantly fulfil the demands of the local and international tourism markets, while putting specialised quality products, flexibility and management services tailored to individual needs first. Thanks to the versatility of its services, its dedication to quality and the fruitful combination of the used modern technology and professionalism, Tensi is one of the largest and most successful Hungarian travel agencies with an ever growing customer base.
In 1983 Tensi was founded as the first private travel agency in Hungary
In 1989 Tensi Tours Ltd. was established
In 1992 First charter flight to Cyprus from Hungary
In 2003 The Company was registered under the legal name: Tensi Ltd.
From 2003 The Company has placed growing emphasis on local and international conference organisation.
2005-2006 Tensi was obtained accreditation for the ISO 9001:2000 standard
From 2006 The conference organiser department offers its services under the Tensi Congress brand name.
Our Offices Have Received Numerous Public Awards in the Recent Years:
- “The Best Travel Agency Award” at the “Best of Budapest Survey” of the Budapest Week in 2000., 2001., and 2002.
- “The Best Corporate Travel Agency of 2004” award by the readers of the Business Traveller
- “The Best Travel Agency” award in 2005 by the readers of the “Utazó Magazin”
- “Superbrand” title in 2008
- “The Best Travel Agency of the Year” award in 2008 based on the votes of professionals and readers surveyed by the “Utazó Magazin”
- 1st Prize at the Competition of the Tourism Trend Publications voted for by the general public for Tensi’s “Honeymoons and Wedding Abroad” Publication.
- “The Best Travel Agency of the Year” award in 2010 based on the votes of more than 300 professionals surveyed by the “Utazó Magazin”
The Tensi Group currently consists of 11 independent members. Though having diverse profiles, the members of the Group harmoniously cooperate and mutually support each other and thereby provide a versatile service package in the Hungarian market.